Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fun Flower Pen tutorial

I love simple crafts. This is a hit with my kiddos and was a gift for their teachers at the end of the year.
1. The supplies are floral tape, scissors, a fake flower and a pen of choice (I choose a pen that can "click" to close, but you can use any type).
2. I line up the flower next to the pen where the bloom hit above the clicker, and I cut the flower wire above the writing part of the pen. 
3. Starting at the top, I tape around the pen a couple of times.
4. I then slowly twirl it around the pen, angling downward.
5.  I like to match the flower color with the ink color (blue/blue), but to each her own. The pens below are maroon & red. 
My daughter and I LOVE these pens, and my son loves helping MAKE them, but not use them. I am trying to figure out a fun "boy" topper to a pen. Any ideas? Off to brainstorm.
Have a great day!
~hurley








1 comment:

  1. That's cute. That tape doesn't look sticky like the regular floral tape is.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I also enjoy questions.
I apologize in advance for the word verification, but I am not a fan of SPAM, and it drives me nuts. I hope you are patient enough to "beat the word robot." Thanks, again!