Friday, May 11, 2012

Holiday Plates Series: Mother's Day & Father's Day

My Holiday Plate collection is growing!! I am so excited. Each one is taking on a life of its own. It will be interesting to see if I "edit" them next year. So far vinyl is the main ingredient, but I did add buttons to the St. Patrick's Day plate. Any ideas for other interesting, yet simple, embellishments?

Mother's Day:
I think I want to jazz this one up for sure. Maybe it is just that the font is too small, but it will change. Granted, I have 2 more days to leave it up, so "no one forgets" about Sunday. Maybe I should install blinking lights around the plate...Hmmmm.

Father's Day:
I found this fun square plate at the Dollar Tree and decided to use aqua and brown vinyl. I look forward to setting this one out. Hubby has been very patient with my new plate addiction.

Tah-Dah!!    Is this "manly" enough? :-)

When I started this project, I used this simple basket for storage.

Here is my Box of Plates I use now. It is a very sturdy plastic file box with a handle. I am going to vinyl label the box "Holiday Plates" on the side someday. I also have plates in here I have found, but not decorated yet. It looks like they will all fit.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there, and don't forget to call your own mommy!
~hurley

Other Plate Posts:
Vinyl Plate Tutorial
Holiday Plates Series: Valentine's Day & Thanksgiving
Holiday Plates Series: Saint Patrick's Day


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I also enjoy questions.
I apologize in advance for the word verification, but I am not a fan of SPAM, and it drives me nuts. I hope you are patient enough to "beat the word robot." Thanks, again!