Sunday, July 8, 2012

Party Ideas: Homemade Bean Bags & Games

Here is another craft I used for the birthday party. I like to make easy things for parties..okay, easy things for anything. I am not Martha Stewart, but my kiddos love me anyway. Since my daughter's birthday theme is PINK, I need ideas that can use that color easily..... pink homemade bean bags.
The Bean Bags:
1. I cut 5 inch pink squares from old fabric & sheets.
2. I sew them back to back leaving a 1.5-ish inch opening to turn later.
3. I turn them right side out and insert beans with a paper funnel. [due to running out of time, I enlist two moms to help AT the start of the party...Can you believe that? How awful of me, but SUPER, AWESOME of the 2 moms. Thanks Michelle and Kelly!!]
 

4. I sew up the holes.
5. and tah-dah.. homemade bean bags.

The game:
Stand on the grass and try to toss your very own bean bag into the pink bucket. Stand politely in line to get a turn. They got MANY tries. :-)
The birthday girl goes first with such concentration.
How about overhand?
How about underhand?
How about overhand?
SUCCESS!
There are so many varieties of bean bag games out there. This is a simple, fun one. Any other simple bean bag game ideas?
The girls put their own bean bags into their thank you buckets and take them home after the party.
~hurley

2 comments:

I love comments! I also enjoy questions.
I apologize in advance for the word verification, but I am not a fan of SPAM, and it drives me nuts. I hope you are patient enough to "beat the word robot." Thanks, again!