Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Thrift Store Alert!!

Been There Done That meets Creativity

I LOVE thrift stores. They are not just to save money on clothing anymore! I have found myself reading a lot about thrift store finds that have led to super craft projects. Today I challenged myself to walk into a local thrift store (huge) and grab something to work with.  Here is a picture of just part of the area that has "stuff," not clothing.


To my surprise I bought FIVE things. Two are really related, so it will result in 4 different projects. I plan on posting step by step photo diaries for each project. I also have a sewing project I picked up from a local fabric store. We will see what my heart desires to do first, and I will show it to you when I finish.

Ideas for you when you thrift store shop:
*set a budget
*know your work space
*if it is not a gift, KNOW where it will go when finished
*learn the store sale dates...it is better NOT to see that fab thing at the "high" price and wait to see what is available on the sale days. (I got all my pieces for half off.)
*for specific projects for frames, etc., measure before you go!!!
*take step by step photos, so someday you can share, OR you can remind yourself. :-)

Nothing motivates me more than seeing a positive change in something...people or objects.  Find something to improve (yourself??), and go for it.
~hurley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! I also enjoy questions.
I apologize in advance for the word verification, but I am not a fan of SPAM, and it drives me nuts. I hope you are patient enough to "beat the word robot." Thanks, again!